The mission of the CCSA is to provide a forum and support for Clinical Coders and those interested in the coding of health care data.
Objectives of the Society
The CCSA will fulfill its mission through the pursuit of specific objectives, which are to:
- Advise relevant organisations on issues relating to the coder workforce and coding policy.
- Act as an advisory and educative body to its members.
- Establish links with organisations that have an interest in clinical coding.
- Promote an understanding of the value of quality coded data.
- Support coder training programs.
- Promote ethical and quality performance among its members.
- Strengthen membership through active recruitment.
- Liaise with organisations representing the industrial interests of its members.
- Encourage research and publications among its members.
- Promote Clinical Coders within their workplace community.